Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love

I find love can be a funny thing sometimes. Their is love for a favorite thing, a pet or something you just LOVE to do. Than their is love for a mother, father, brother, sister etc.
Than their is love for a partner.

Than the love that is important, Is the love you have for yourself. A deep part of yourself where your faults live, where past mistakes live, where heartbreaks and pain you have endured (and got through it and wondered how you did)

But I have realized in the last few days just how much loving yourself really is important.

For if you do not love yourself, how can you love someone else?

But it's much more than loving yourself, Its about looking in the mirror and saying "You know what? I have faults, I've done things i am not proud of and I make mistakes (sometimes several times a day) but I am a GREAT person! I have a good heart and every mistake i make is just helping me to learn where I need to improve"

Sometimes its easier to do that, But when i decided to go my own way, decided to go with my calling in life, only than did i realize how much i value myself, how much i really DO love myself.

For I have let go things that I tried for many months to let go.

Such as toxic people, toxic environments. People whom did not reflect me but rather upset me.
People that wouldn't make effort with me. I felt like it was a never ending cycle (a cycle I thought I wouldn't get off) I mean i am a strong person I just wasn't strong enough apparently.

But because my love for myself and my love for God, I was able to finally move forward.

Today and only today do i finally feel I really DO love myself!

Being assertive has finally given me the push i needed for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The perfectly imperfect mug

So today I decided to go into a thrift store to see what I could find, Firstly I was looking for something I could sell, Then I came across ...